Well, it’s finally here: the new Smart Notebook app for iPad!
This app allows students to work on Notebook files on their iPad, answering the question of how students can interact individually with the SMART board.
Some of the key features of the new app are:
- Zoom and Pan – Students can zoom in on content.
- Text – Students can insert text or edit existing text.
- Pens – Student can draw with four colored pens and two highlighters.
- Objects – Student can move, rotate, and scale objects. Double tap to delete and more.
- Photos – Students can insert photos from the camera or camera roll.
- Sound – Students can play attached sounds or record their own.
- Auto-save – Students’ work is auto-saved.
- Undo and Redo – This is nice and required feature!
- E-mail files – Files can be emailed to the teacher for grading or saved.
When you first open the app, the first Notebook file that loads is a tutorial that highlights the key features. See my video below for some ideas on how to integrate this into a lesson.